Programs and Services
WestSide Baby provides children's essentials to local families by partnering with established local social service agencies already assisting low-income families. Agencies order items from us and deliver them to families who are homeless, living in transitional housing, or simply in need of a little help during a difficult time. We are not able to do "direct service" to families but work instead through our established social service agency partners.
Everything we collect is inspected, sorted and stored in our warehouse in the White Center area of Seattle, Washington. Once the items have been evaluated, they are used to fill the wish lists of service care providers such as food and clothing banks, public health nurses, family support workers, and DSHS social workers. These service providers work directly with families and are able to assess their most urgent needs.
Since opening in 2001, we have distributed over $8.5 million worth of clothing, toys, baby gear, and other items. In 2011, we served more than 19,500 children!
Current List of Most Needed Items:
- Car Seats (any under 6 years old) We will recycle all others.
- High Chairs
- Portable Cribs
CLOTHING - (both gender unless noted otherwise)
- Everything for kids up to Size 12
- Spring Jackets
EVERYTHING ELSE -
- Sizes newborn and 1 Diapers
- Hygiene Items (shampoo, diaper cream, lotion)
- Pull-Ups 3T-4T and 4T-5T (Boy and Girl)
Full List of Accepted Items for Distribution
(all donations must be clean, contain all parts and pieces, be reusable and identifiable)
Clothes, Bedding and Basics:
Children's Clothing (NB/0 - size 12)
Diapers (opened packages OK!)
Books (especially board books)
Equipment: Instructions are incredibly helpful. MUST have all parts, straps and work.
- Portable Cribs (no full-size DROP SIDE cribs)
- Strollers (need straps)
- High Chairs and Booster Chairs (need straps)
- Car Seats (less than 6 yrs old)
- Baby swings
- Bouncy Seats
- Potty Chairs
We have a high volume of toys at this time but we do accept them under the following conditions:
- Must be compact enough to fit in an airline overhead compartment
- Must have ALL parts and pieces bundled together