Programs and Services
WestSide Baby provides children's essentials to local families by partnering with established local social service agencies already assisting low-income families. Agencies order items from us and deliver them to families who are homeless, living in transitional housing, or simply in need of a little help during a difficult time. We are not able to do "direct service" to families but work instead through our agency partners.
Everything we collect is inspected, sorted and stored in our operations center in the White Center area of Seattle, Washington. Once the items have been evaluated, they are used to fill the wish lists of service care providers such as food and clothing banks, public health nurses, family support workers, and DSHS social workers. These service providers work directly with families and are able to assess their most urgent needs.
Since opening in 2001, we have distributed nearly $12 million in clothing, toys, diapers, safety equipment and other items. In 2013, we served more than 24,000 children!
Current List of Most Needed Items:
- Car Seats (any under 6 years old) We will recycle all others.
- High Chairs
- Portable Cribs
CLOTHING - (both gender unless noted otherwise)
- Everything for kids up to Size 12
- New Underwear
- Spring Jackets
EVERYTHING ELSE -
- Sizes newborn and 1 Diapers
- Hygiene Items (shampoo, diaper cream, lotion)
- Pull-Ups 3T-4T and 4T-5T (Boy and Girl)
Full List of Accepted Items for Distribution
(all donations must be clean, contain all parts and pieces, be reusable and identifiable)
Clothes, Bedding and Basics:
- Children's Clothing (NB/0 - size 12)
- Shoes up to Youth size 3
- Diapers (opened packages OK!)
- Baby Shampoo and soap
- Diaper Cream and wipes
- Books (especially board books)
- Bottles, sippy cups and pacifiers
- Front Carriers and slings
- Child Towels and wash clothes
- Blankets and bedding (crib, toddler and twin sizes accepted)
- Breast Pumps